The Pathways Approach Program provides:
• On site special education teachers
• Access to Orton Gillingham trained teachers
• Understanding of learning differences through professional development for all school staff
• IEP and Accommodation Plan development and implementation
• Classroom accommodations and modifications of the curriculum tailored to student need
• Differentiation to meet the needs of all learners
The Pathways Approach welcomes students with dyslexia, high functioning autism, executive functioning, dysgraphia, language processing or written expression differences, dyscalculia (Math), and non-verbal learning differences. We help capable students who need to have specialized support for learning acquisition.
The Pathways Approach Program does not at this time have the resources to help students with oppositional defiant disorder, personality or psychotic disorders, or very complex learning profiles.
Students in the Pathways Approach Program will receive direct services and support from special education teachers either one-on-one or in small groups. Students will be fully integrated into the academic and co-curricular life of the school. Our special education teachers work collaboratively with classroom teachers to ensure that each child receives the instruction, accommodations and modifications that they need to reach their potential.